China won the first Olympic gold … by manufacturing uniforms.
Here are some of the posts that caught my eye. Hope you find something interesting.
- Patent Trawler Aims to Predict Next Hot Technologies. (NewScientist)
- The 10 Things Economics Can Tell Us About Happiness. (TheAtlantic)
- In Age of Twitter, NBC Rewrites Olympic Playbook. (Wall Street Journal)
- Salt, We Misjudged You. We Only Think We Know the Truth About Salt. (NYTimes)
- 'Sterilization Team' Cleans Away Madonna's DNA. Here's a diva demand you probably haven't heard before … (Newser)
- Top 100 Respected Companies, Ranked By Investors. Apple is No. 1 (LATimes)
- Frenemies: Small Retailers Forced to Compete with Amazon on Amazon. (WSJ)
- Investors Cast Doubt on End-of-World Hedge Strategies. (Reuters)
- The Choice in 2012: Social Darwinism or a Decent Society? (RobertReich)
- Wealth Funds Step Up Their Activities. Sovereign wealth funds are becoming more active. They made investments worth 42 percent more in 2011 than in 2010. (FT)