1995: "If that glove don't fit, you must acquit!"
2017: "If the case is old, you must be paroled!"
OJ Simpson was granted parole, and will likely be free in October … in related news the Browns are looking for a strong running back.
… Fake news isn't limited to politics.
Here is a peek at what I've been reading lately. These are the links I saved this week.
Hope you find some interesting and enjoyable tidbits.
Let me know if you read something I'd like … Or if there are other sources I should add to my weekly reading.
- The Financial Industry Needs to Start Planning for the next 50 Years, Not the Next Five. (HBR)
- Quant Funds that Chase Trends are this Year's Biggest Losers.(Bloomberg)
- How to Think like an Economist (If, that Is, You Wish To…) (Bradford-Delong)
- Inflation Forecast. (CXOAdvisory)
- Building Modern Monopolies, with Alex Moazed [Invest like the Best, EP.25]. (Investorfieldguide)
- Jeremy Corbyn, Emmanuel Macron and the Age of Volatility.(NewStatesman)
- 2Q 2017 PitchBook-NVCA Venture Monitor. (ValueWalk)
- Quant Vs Traditional Investors, and How Alphas Become Betas [Podcast]. (ValueWalk)
- The Alternative to Alternative Data for Investment Managers.(ValueWalk)
- Elon Musk Says Artificial Intelligence is the Greatest Risk We Face as a Civilization'. (Fortune)
- Extracting the Signal from the Noise: 7 Tips for Interpreting Macroeconomic Data. (MilkenReview)
- Beating the Odds: JumpStarting Developing Countries.(MilkenReview)
- Gas Guzzlers' Gains in Fuel Efficiency Go Farther Than Fuel Sippers' Do. (Wall Street Journal)
- Neuralink and the Brain's Magical Future. (WaitButWhy)
- Disentangling Cycles from Time. (MainStay)
- The Volatility of Bitcoin. (SSRN)
- The Absolute Dominance of the U.S. Economy, in One Chart.(MarketWatch)
- Legal Marijuana Market to Create Nearly 300,000 Jobs by 2020.(24/7 Wall St)
- The Older Population: Where the Money Is. (CFAInstitute)
- Why 90%+ of Active Stock Fund Managers Underperform the S&P 500. (ElliottWave)
Let me know what you think.