According to the 2007 Wealth Report, there are more millionaires than ever. (WSJ). The report also examines the growing concentration of wealth by the super-wealthy. So, apparently, the rich are getting richer.
As the market worries about recessions, inflation, the strength of the Dollar, and the price of oil … I noticed a strange focus on conspicuous consumption. Here are some of the articles that prompted this post:
- Lexus LF-A supercar priced from $200,000 to $265,000 (AutoBlog)
- Eton’s “World’s Most Expensive Shirt” costs $44,740 (Trendhunter)
- Don’t Get Wet; Davek’s $149 Umbrella will protect you from the rain (Davek)
- Wall Street joint serves up a $175 Burger (CBS News)
- For $150,000 You Can Have a collection of 50 Visionaire Magazine issues. (WSJ)
- Flushing Money Away on the Million-Dollar Bathroom (Barron’s)
- The first Billion-Dollar Home (Forbes)
- Dubai’s new “Shape-Shifting” skyscraper — $3,000 per square foot (CNN & Reuters)
What article prompted the Davek post? you just listed their website….