The rally continues, and the S&P 500 is up about 5% so far this year. Pretty impressive on many fronts.
How does it compare to other markets around the world? Well, France's CAC and Germany's DAX are up a little more, and London's FTSE a little less … Yet, this chart shows how several of last year's hot world markets have done so far in 2011.
After the crisis, world markets seemed to move in lock-step with each other. It is interesting to see how Central Bank Policy is de-coupling. Something to watch.
Business Posts Moving the Markets that I Found Interesting This Week:
- Germans Buying the "Cradle of Capitalism" – NY Stock Exchange. (Newser)
- SEC Outgunned by Wall Street on Tech Spending. (SecuritiesTech)
- Should Regulators Review Trading Algorithms Before They Are Used In Markets? (Bloomberg)
- Is Mubarak the World's Richest Man with $70 Billion Fortune? (Newser & TheWeek)
- Big Surprise: Investors Piling into Egypt ETF. (InvestmentNews)
- More Posts Moving the Markets.
Lighter Ideas and Fun Links that I Found Interesting This Week
- How Discontent Can Bring Out the Hosni Mubarak in Each of Us. (BusinessWeek)
- Political Islam is Here to Stay: Is It Time to Accept & Adjust? (CSMonitor)
- Scientists Say Dolphins Should Be Treated As 'Non-Human Persons'. (TimesOnline)
- Can You Build a Better Brain – What Really Works? (Newsweek)
- 20 Things That Became Obsolete This Decade. (HuffingtonPost)
- More Posts with Lighter Ideas and Fun Links.