In 2013, the United States Patent and Trademark Office issued 277,835 patents for inventions—the most issued in a single year.
Here is a list of the top patent-holders in the U.S.
via Popular Science.
Here are some of the posts that caught my eye. Hope you find something interesting.
- What Would Happen If You improved Everything by 1%: The Science of Marginal Gains. (Buffer)
- The Science Behind 'Brain Training'. (The Atlantic)
- 12 Rules for Learning Foreign Languages in Record Time. (Tim Ferriss)
- Device Aims to Translate Dog Thoughts Into Words. (Yahoo)
- These 11 Charts Show What's Wrong With The Modern Diet. (BusinessInsider)
- NYSE Is Still No. 1, But Not By Much. (Wall Street Journal)
- Here's Your Guide To Monitoring The Economy Just Like Janet Yellen. (Morgan Stanley)
- Why Does Google Need So Many Robots? To Jump From the Web to the Real World. (TechCrunch)
- What Does an Economist at Facebook Do? (Marginal Revolution)
- Can Twitter Predict Major Events? The idea that the Twitter stream is a window into the future is persuasive. But is it true? (MIT Technology Review)