Today is Yom Kippur, one of the holiest days of the year for Jews (and a day where many choose not to eat or drink in atonement for their sins of the prior year). In other words, this is pretty much the only day someone wishes they were eating matzoh on Passover.
Happy New Year to my Jewish friends!
Here are some of the posts that caught my eye. Hope you find something interesting.
- New Book about Habit Formation, Distilled into 21 Sentences. (GR)
- 5 Chinese Ghost Cities Come Alive. (BullionStar)
- Brain Drain: Are We Evolving Stupidity? (New Scientist)
- 50 Best Voice Commands from Apple’s Siri, Microsoft’s Cortana & Google Now. (Video)
- Forget Siri: Its Inventors Are Building a Radical New AI that Teaches Itself and Reads Your Mind. (Wired)
- A Dozen Things Learned from Jeff Bezos. (25iq)
- Why a Soaring Stock Market Is Wasted on the Young. (NYTimes)
- Priciest Divorce Ever? How Oilman Harold Hamm Could Lose $17 Billion. (NBC News)
- Three Big Picture Shifts Worth Paying Attention to Today. (BlackRock)
- Interview With Bill Gurley: The Guy Who Backed OpenTable, Yelp, GrubHub, Twitter, Zillow And Uber. (Forbes)