The Future Isn’t What It Used To Be
Last week marked Back to the Future Day. That is the day that Marty and Doc travel forward in time to from 1985 in Back to the Future II.
Ever since the film came out, people have been speculating how the actual day will compare with the movie's idea of 2015.
Unfortunately for Marty and Doc, 2015 isn't nearly as impressive as they hoped it'd be — there's no Johnny Carson, no flying cars, no real hoverboards and no peace in the Middle East. But fear not: We've got cronuts and selfies!
How much did they get right? A bunch.
I often read science fiction to suspend my sense of disbelief and think of the future I want to create.
- 5 Predictions That “Back to the Future II” Got Right About 2015 (and 5 It Got Wrong). (V News)
- Marty McFly & Doc Brown Are Really Disappointed by 2015 on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'. (Mashable)
- 11 Easter-Egg Comebacks Siri Has When You Ask Her About 'Back to the Future' Day. (BI)
- 7 Incredible Things ‘Back to the Future Part II’ Got Right About 2015. (Tech Insider)
- Back to the Future Is Already Here. (The Economist Intelligence Unit)