… She'll do anything for good food.
My friend, Andy Daniels' Tent won 3rd place at the Memphis in May World Championship BBQ rib contest.
Almost as good as the ribs, were the puns – Aporkalypse Now, Love Meat Tender, Me Dry Rub You Long Time.
We had a good time.
Here is a peek at what I've been reading lately. These are the links I saved this week.
Hope you find some interesting and enjoyable tidbits.
Let me know if you read something I'd like … Or if there are other sources I should add to my weekly reading.
- A 'Paradigm Shift' is Taking Place in Financial Technology. (BI)
- Farming the World: China’s Epic Race to Avoid a Food Crisis. (BB)
- EBA Cryptotechnologies in International Payments – PDF (Abe-eba)
- Bank Relationships: It’s Not You, It’s Me. (Gtnews)
- Why Thinking beyond Money is Vital for Solving the Poverty Puzzle. (The Conversation)
- What Major Stock Market Tops Look Like. (SeeItMarket)
- Will Technology (XLK) Continue to Lead the Market Higher? (Stockcharts)
- How Central Bankers Get Their Communication Timing Wrong. (Bloomberg)
- America’s Car Market Has Stalled. (Economist)
- Study by MIT Economist: U.S. Has Regressed to a Third-World Nation for Most of Its Citizens. (Theintellectualist)
- The Advantage of Being a Little Underemployed. (Collaborativefund)
- Decoded: Breaking down How an Actual Trading Algorithm Works. Want to Impress Your Friends? Learn How Trading Algos Work. (WSJ)
- Did Volatility Traders Overreact Again Last Week? (SeeItMarket)
- Fundraising Hacks for Venture Capital and Private Equity Funds. (Teten)
- Inflation Could Be the Market's Biggest Upside Surprise of the Year. (CNBC)
- This Bull Market Might Not Be Hated, but It Still Isn't Trusted. (CNBC)
- In Tumult of Trump, Jon Corzine Seeks a Wall Street Comeback. (New York Times)
- The Limitations of Technical Analysis. (Technicality-me)
- It's Official: SoftBank's Tech Fund Becomes World's Biggest with $93 Billion to Invest. (BI)
- The Return of the Proprietary Trader. (LinkedIn)
Let me know what you think.
If you want this in your inbox each week, click here