Recently, Apple was caught slowing down old iPhones (supposedly, to preserve battery life), and now faces at least 12 class action lawsuits because of it.
via The Oatmeal
Here's a related graph of search trends in relation to new iPhone releases. Assume there's a Placebo Effect and confounding variables … it's still an interesting chart.
DataIsBeautiful via Reddit
Here are some of the posts that caught my eye recently. Hope you find something interesting.
- The Best Business and Leadership Books of 2017. (FastCompany)
- Fueled by Drug Crisis, U.S. Life Expectancy Declines for a Second Straight Year. (WP)
- NFL Cancels Sunday Night Football this Week. (Money)
- When to Decentralize Decision Making, and When Not To. (HBR)
- 4 Technology Trends that Will Transform Our World in 2018. (Fortune)
- Highlights of the Final Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. (AdvisorPerspectives)
- Twelve Books Everyone in Finance Will Be Talking about in 2018. (BPS)
- Harry Markowitz: My Advice to Investors Today. (EvidenceInvestor)
- I Need a Blockchain Vacation' Here's What Looks Overhyped in Fintech for 2018. (MarketWatch)