Coppell, TX • Full-time
What is Capitalogix?
At Capitalogix, we created a revolutionary financial technology platform that uses adaptive A.I. to maximize trading performance. We track thousands of systems to find what’s working in real-time, all the time, using machine learning, high-performance computing, and statistics.
While most A.I. traders focus on using technology to make thousands of transactions in a short period of time, our technology performs millions of observations and only acts on the opportunities determined most likely to have an edge.
Capitalogix is currently seeking a SQL Database Developer Level 2. You will contribute to the team by maintaining existing applications, as well as coding new features and new applications, and you will be a database expert on the team. Your day-to-day will involve working with Data Scientists to build, maintain, optimize, and extend database structure for research and backtesting purposes.
- Design database structure to accommodate a rapidly changing, fast-paced research development environment
- Optimize SQL queries and table design for data warehousing
- Utilize data warehouse platform to speed up data processing
- Run maintenance scheduling jobs to ensure the database is performing at its maximum capacity
- Manage database security including users access, roles and other security related concerns
- Vet and propose new data warehouse technologies
- Backup, migrate, and perform other database-related administration tasks
- Effective data type table creation
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or other related fields
- 3+ years experience in SQL and ANSI SQL Database/data warehouse development
- Proficiency in query optimization
- Experience implementing scalable ETL solutions for high volume, evolving datasets
- Proven background in tables design, particularly in OLAP data warehousing design
- Solid knowledge of fundamental CS concept including database design, distributed computing, algorithm and data structure
- h4 analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Linux experience (BASH, etc.)
- Design and conduct unit testing
- Experience with IBM DB2
- .NET/Java/REST Request/Response(JSON/XML)
- Python, R, and Java development experience
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies e.g. Amazon AWS, MS Azure, etc.
- h4 ANSI SQL and SQL coding skills optimizing speed of MPP and partition-based operations
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), AWS development and migration experience, automation scripting language (Python or PowerShell)
- Understanding of Data Science and Big Data/NoSQL (Netezza, Kafka, etc.) concepts
- Integrated cloud-based development (AWS, Azure)
- Fintech background
Capitalogix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.