As the Olympics unfold in Sochi, countries continue to compete in the global economy. This chart, by the Economist, shows how ‘thin’ the Emerging markets really are. For example, the market cap of Google equals the market cap of all 379 Brazilian stocks.
Here are some of the posts that caught my eye. Hope you find something interesting.
- Is Your To-Do List Actually Just A Productivity-Killing "List Of Shame"? (FastCompany)
- It's All in Your Head: 9 Reasons You Can't Resist a List. (Hubspot)
- Multi-Vitamins Won't Boost Health, Waste of Money. Research finds no health benefits. (CBS)
- The Scientifically Best Times to Drink Coffee During the Day. (PopSci)
- Why Did Russia Choose Sochi? (NYReview)
- China Surpasses US as World's Largest Trading Nation. (Wilmott)
- How Much Value Does The Financial Industry Create? (The Week)
- Can Robots Manage Your Money Better Than You? These Startups Think So. (NPR)
- Decoding the Myths of Managed Futures. (Voices)
- Big Commodity Trading Advisers were profitable in 2013 after two straight years in the red. (Institutional Investor's Alpha)